Founded in 2005 by Erik Fjellborg, Quinyx has grown to be the market leader within Workforce Management in Scandinavia
During his studies, Erik Fjellborg worked part time at McDonald's and discovered a need for a system that can manage scheduling when employees want to quickly book or swap shifts. The idea was to develop a web-based application so staff can quickly log in themselves and interact with their schedule.
- Quinyx was founded with McDonald's as its first customer
- Focus was on the employees where they could log in to the application and manage deviations in the schedule themselves
The company grew quickly and after a successful implementation at the restaurant in the Swedish city of Örebro where the idea was born, the application was launched successfully to remaining McDonald's restaurants in Sweden.
- The company was awarded with the Anders Wall Scholarship for creative businesses
- Additional development in the application adding functionality such as text-messaging and internal news management to further reach out to employees
The company continues to grow. Per-Olof Myrén becomes CTO to help bring Quinyx to the next level. Per-Olof previously founded Scala Business Solutions and managed it to become a leading ERP solutions provider globally with successful implementations in over 60 countries. Scala was sold to Epicor in 2004.
- Erik awarded with Young Entrepreneur of the Year by Founders Alliance
- Quinyx WFM awarded with Best Innovation by GSEA in Chicago
Several more companies choose to implement Quinyx WFM in their organisations and Quinyx gains many key customers. New partner alliances are formed, among others with Unit4Agresso and SoftOne.
- Quinyx awarded Best International Growth by Ernst & Young
- Several stores within ICA implement Quinyx WFM
- Max Hamburgers chooses Quinyx WFM for all restaurants
Success continues and Quinyx begins its international expansion and opens offices in Denmark, the UK and Germany.
- New exciting customers such as Cervera, Vendator and Axelsons SPA choose Quinyx WFM
- New hosting centre in Geneva
- Quinyx Forecast is launched to help customers further integrate their schedule requirements with sales forecasts
Quinyx continues to expand both in Sweden and internationally. Quinyx management decides to invest further into the product offering in order to deliver additional value to its customers.
- Humana decide to implement Quinyx WFM and improve efficiency internally in order to save time and money
- Quinyx moves to larger offices near Karlaplan in Stockholm
- The first Quinyx Workforce Management day is arranged with attendees from over 40 leading retail and restaurant organisations meet to discuss the future of Workforce Management
Smartphone apps are more popular than ever and Quinyx launches apps for Android and iOS. Quinyx further develops Quinxy WFM and the new module Quinyx Task Management is launched to assist with digital task and execution management.
- Additional features are added to the Quinyx API to further simplify integrations to customers' current enterprise solutions
- Continued investments in the product in order to further improve the user experience
- Additional expansion in the UK with new customer acquisitions within the restaurant and hotel industry